KDBH Heritage Buildings
Find out below about our many historic buildings in KDBH as listed by Historic England.
Click on the Map button to see where these, and other buildings of local historic or architectural interest (but not listed) are located.
Knowle Parish Church, Kenilworth Rd, Knowle
Fine C15 stone church. Nave with clerestory, chancel, aisles, west tower, north transept. Modern vestries north of chancel, 1900, with organ chamber. Collegiate church connected with the Guild or College of Saint Anne, 1416-1547. C15 octagonal font, choir stalls with misericords, restored chancel screen, reset piscinae and sedilia. C18 and C19 wall tablets.
1667-669 Warwick Rd, Chester House, Knowle
Carefully restored timber framed house. 3 parts: north wing once a separate hall house, built circa 1500, south wing another separate house of 2 storeys circa 1400; central hall belonging to south house rebuilt circa 1600 when both houses combined into single dwelling.
1686-1688 Warwick Road, Stowe House, Knowle
C18. Red brick, hipped old tiled roof with dentil brick cornice. 3 storeys, 1 nearly flush casement windows, ground and lot floor cambered relieving arches, ground floor wood lintel on right. 6 fielded panelled door, modern Georgian style surround of reeded pilasters supporting entablature.